This blog was created for all our family and friends who want to follow us on our travels.

Our next trip is to the USA - and we'll be doing a 5 week trip to: (in order): San Francisco, Las Vegas, Seattle/Redmond, Washington D.C., Tampa, FL, New York City, Phoenix, AZ and Honolulu, Hawaii.

As you can see, that's a fair number of places to travel to in five weeks!

And of course, since Yumi and I are budding photographers - we'll be taking lots of photos along the way - and the best place to read about our travels, and see our photos - is right here.

Click Here to See More Photos of the USA!


Thursday, August 2, 2007

More news from Delft


TU Delft
Originally uploaded by radix999
So I rode in to work by myself today, and it was a nice ride in. Got to see a revolving bridge on the ride which is in my photo stream for anyone interested - though I think the photos got jumbled around a bit in the upload.
Once at Oqapi I threw myself into writing the code for profile synchronisation with Filemaker.
While doing so I did discover that the email addresses seem to have a few wierd characters and some with spaces on the end - I think we need to configure filemaker a bit better so this is not possible - or alternatively I can add some parsing at this end and strip all emails of special characters, spaces, and force all emails as lowercase (as I noticed a few differences that way too).

The building pictured here is TU Delft - and if you read the description this is where we have lunch every day. I had a nice ham and salad roll, an apple and a mango yoghurt drink for lunch today.
After lunch Martin joined us - he's the resident WebGUI expert at Oqapi - having developed a number of things for WebGUI over the years, including the commerce system and sql form. I asked for his help with the workflow I was writing and he helped point me in the right direction with which functions to use and I managed to get the new workflow (written as a macro so it would be easier to debug) up and running.
After work we all met up for beers at a little place in Delft that they all knew and I met Martin's girlfriend Marijn and a few of their other friends.
Bart made an offer to show me around on Saturday if I was interested and I quickly said yes.
I tried a nice German wheat beer that they recommended - and it was very nice so I ended up having two tall glasses of it. I also had a sample of a few other beers, including a Belgian sour beer - which tasted like it was off to me, but apparently is a taste that grows on you.
I've never really been much of a beer drinker, but I enjoyed these and was good to chat to everyone. Most of the people with us slowly headed off home until it was just me, Martin, and Marijn. We decided to go for food after that as the alcohol was starting to hit us a bit, so we went to a noodle place they recommended and I had Teriyaki beef noodles for dinner. After that Martin's girlfriend headed off home and Martin and I played a couple of games of pool before we did the same thing.

No comments: