This blog was created for all our family and friends who want to follow us on our travels.

Our next trip is to the USA - and we'll be doing a 5 week trip to: (in order): San Francisco, Las Vegas, Seattle/Redmond, Washington D.C., Tampa, FL, New York City, Phoenix, AZ and Honolulu, Hawaii.

As you can see, that's a fair number of places to travel to in five weeks!

And of course, since Yumi and I are budding photographers - we'll be taking lots of photos along the way - and the best place to read about our travels, and see our photos - is right here.

Click Here to See More Photos of the USA!


Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Preparations


Preparations
Originally uploaded by radix999
So I leave in a week (and Yumi a couple of weeks later) and we've both been hard at work making preparations for the trip. Yumi picked up all the drugs we're ever likely to need on our trip (gastro-stop pills, multivitamins, band-aids, paracetamol, ibuprofen, acidophilus, hairy lemon and all sorts of other stuff we hopefully won't ever need)

I've got most of the planning done - the hotels organised, plane tickets booked, train tickets ordered, addresses and phone numbers of every place written down (in a small journal using a real pen!) - photocopies of passports and tickets, and colour copies of maps we might use.

My bags are packed - theoretically anyway.. I kinda know what's going in there and what I'm taking with me anyway - I have yet to see if it'll all fit tho ;)

We're going to be visiting a pretty large number of places in a short time, but I think we're as ready as we can be!

Fingers crossed!

No comments: